1) What is your name and where do you work?
I’m Camila Groth Ibarra and I work at Synthesis Brasil.
2) What is your primary job at Synthesis?
I’m an assigner, where my job consists basically in preparing the material we receive from the clients for translation. This includes setting the schedules for translation and proofreading and making sure everything works smoothly.
3) How and when did you enter the game localization industry?
In 2010 as a Localization Tester.
4) What are you doing today?
Today I’ve been assigning some batches of ongoing projects and forwarding the Q&A’s of a big batch that the Iberian team is working on.
5) What was your most demanding project and what made it so interesting?
Some previous titles in the Assassin’s Creed franchise, for sure! We had several daily requests with a lot of instructions and tight deadlines so it was quite challenging to come up with a reasonable schedule for everyone.
6) What is your favourite game and why?
GTA, because of the numerous possibilities which allow different outcomes and the satirical tone of the game.
7) What do you love about videogames localization?
The fact that it’s the most dynamic and exciting industry I’ve ever worked in. Each project is a different world and each new batch is a surprise. This allows me to learn so much and have great laughs every day.
8) What do you dislike about videogames localization?
The same thing that everyone else does: tight deadlines!
9) Final question: what do you do when you’re not sitting in front of your computer?
Pilates, it’s essential for me since I spend too much time sitting. I also like to gather with friends and spend time with my family, listening to music, playing guitar and watching television series.